Saturday, April 19, 2014

P is for Pretense - #atozchallenge

Post education experience in real life at different places reveals some insightful behavior of pretense mentality.

I partially blame books similar to and inclusive of "How to Win Friends and Influence People" which can be misunderstood to override reactions from cold vibes of a personality trait.

Social acceptance and/or relevance pressures many people to use Pretense of an individual.

Genuine gem of a person who are calm and aware of this do not use Pretense and that is what differentiates them from the crowd.

Did you ever feel pressured to be what you think someone else thought you ought to be?

3 comments:

M.C.V. EGAN said...

I have always been me... not easy for many to say at 55; but I am fluid and adaptable, I can be me but respect certain ways, which I think is different from outright pretense.

#AtoZchallenge ☮Peace
☮ ღ ONE ℒℴνℯ

☼ Light ☼ visiting from http://4covert2overt.blogspot.com/

Sylvia Ney said...

New follower here. I'm stopping by from the "A to Z" challenge, and I hope you keep with it because I look forward to visiting again.

Sylvia
http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

N J Magas said...

Not in a long, long time. I discovered that it takes too much energy and for the most part, I simply don't care what other people think.